Saturday 30 January 2010

TEENS AND SPORTS...

I've been away shooting a documentary about teens and sports in London. It's been amazing hanging out with teenagers and just talking to them, I love kids. Soo much has changed.. WoW. It's been interesting debating about we actually consider sports, and what is important and relevant to London teens, right here, right now. Soo much has changed socially in such a short space of time. A lot of 'experts' don't consider things like bmxing and skating a sport, just a lifestyle choice... so nothing's really changed there. Personally anything that keeps teens active is great. Fuck, they are lazy here! Less then 20% of the inner city girls that i spoke to did anything active other than walk. It's frightening thinking the older you get the less active you get. I just spent the last week siting in a seat for 14 hours whilst editing! Anyway once it's done I'll share it.

A few random photos..





One of my fav kids is 15 year Akin Hercules- Walker, a bmxer from Watford. I saw him at the BFF bmx Jam in Sept '09 and he blew me away. Fearless, composed and determined. Ride BMX did a great article on him which is worth the read, he's gonna be big...


No comments: